Maria Curie-Sklodowska University in Lublin
Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology
Conducts research at the request of BioMaxima under the agreement of January 16, 2017.
The subject of the research is the development of an innovative method of E-test manufacture for the determination of antibiotic susceptibility (MIC), for BioMaxima SA.
Research is carried out by a team composed of:
- prof. Adam Choma, Department of Genetics and Microbiology, coordinator
- prof. Jerzy Rogalski, Department of Biochemistry
- prof. Teresa Urbanik Sypniewska, Department of Genetics and Microbiology
- dr hab. Anna Turska-Szewczuk, Department of Genetics and Microbiology
- dr hab. Marta Palusińska-Szysz, Department of Genetics and Microbiology
- dr Jolanta Kutkowska, Department of Genetics and Microbiology
In mid-September 2017, the construction of the Research and Development Center (CBR) of BioMaxima SA in was launched in the Special Economic Zone in Lublin, on the same plot, where the company's headquarters are located. The net value of the contract for the construction of CBR is PLN 4,060,507.49. The expected date of completion of construction and commissioning of facilities in July 2018.
The Research and Development Center will carry out work related to the development of new products in the field of microbiological diagnostics, determination of antimicrobial susceptibility, rapid imunochromatographic tests and analytical chemistry.